Sunday, July 28, 2013

14 Stories That Prove Animals Have Souls

1. Koko the gorilla responds to a sad moment in her favorite film.

Koko the gorilla responds to a sad moment in her favorite film.

2. The parrot with the moving last words.

The parrot with the moving last words.
Alex the African gray parrot was able to count and identify colors, and he had a beautiful relationship with his person, Irene Pepperberg. When Alex died in 2007, his last words to her were “You be good. I love you.”
Source: npr.org

3. The fact that cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated.

The fact that cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated.
According to scientist Krista McLennan, “When heifers have their preferred partner with them, their stress levels in terms of their heart rates are reduced compared with if they were with a random individual.”
Source: dailymail.co.uk  /  via: peta.org

4. The two guide dogs who led their owners down 70 floors in the World Trade Center before the towers collapsed on September 11.

The two guide dogs who led their owners down 70 floors in the World Trade Center before the towers collapsed on September 11.
Guide dogs Salty and Roselle were awarded a joint Dickin Medal “For remaining loyally at the side of their blind owners, courageously leading them down more than 70 floors of the World Trade Center and to a place of safety following the terrorist attack on New York on 11 September 2001.”

5. The Jack Russell Terrier who gave his life to rescue five children from wild dogs.

The Jack Russell Terrier who gave his life to rescue five children from wild dogs.
In 2007, five children were playing with George when they were attacked by pit bulls. “George tried to protect us by barking and rushing at them,” said one of the children about the attack, “but they started to bite him - one on the head and the other on the back.” His heroic intervention saved the children, though he later died from his injuries. George was posthumously awarded a medal for bravery.
Source: dailymail.co.uk  /  via: en.wikipedia.org

6. The beluga whale who saved a free diver who had cramped up 20 feet below the surface.

The beluga whale who saved a free diver who had cramped up 20 feet below the surface.
Source: telegraph.co.uk  /  via: treehugger.com
When free-diver Yang Yun tried to return from the bottom of an arctic pool, she found that her legs had cramped up and she couldn’t move.
“I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me – I was dead. Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface.”
A Beluga whale named Mila had seen what was happening and sprang into action, guiding Yun safely back to the top of the pool.
Source: telegraph.co.uk  /  via: treehugger.com

7. The cat who can sense when someone is about to die.

The cat who can sense when someone is about to die.
Oscar could always sense when one of the residents at the nursing home where he lived was near death and would sit quietly on their bed during their last moments.
One relative of two sisters who died in the nursing home said of Oscar’s vigil, “Oscar’s presence gave a sense of completion and contentment. Both women loved pets. Oscar brought a special serenity to the room. What’s more peaceful than a purring cat? What sound more beautiful to fill one’s ears when leaving this life?”
Via: smh.com.au
Source: reuters.com

8. The Staffordshire bull terrier who protected her owner from a machete gang.

The Staffordshire bull terrier who protected her owner from a machete gang.
Patricia Adshead was making tea when three men wearing masks and wielding machetes broke into her home. Adshead’s ex-husband rushed to help, but one of the assailants sliced through his hand with a machete.
“I was trapped in the kitchen with Oi and one of the men. He raised the machete over my head,” she said.
“Oi jumped up and bit his hand. He brought the machete down on her head but she still chased him out of the house. If she hadn’t gone for him I would have been dead. She saved my life.”

9. The gorilla who remembered his old friend.

The gorilla who remembered his old friend.

10. The recent discovery that fish use tools to perform tasks.

The recent discovery that fish use tools to perform tasks.
In 2011, a professional diver captured this amazing image of a fish smashing a clam against a rock to get at its innards, proving that fish have vastly superior capacities than most people believe.
Source: wired.co.uk  /  via: peta.org

11. The German Shepherd who has become a seeing eye dog for a blind spaniel.

The German Shepherd who has become a seeing eye dog for a blind spaniel.
Source: menmedia.co.uk  /  via: pawnation.com
When Ellie, a blind spaniel, was adopted by shelter manager Jean Spencer, she never expected that her other dog, Leo, would choose to become her very own seeing-eye dog. “I take them for walks in the park and Leo guides Ellie around,” says Spencer. “He is so protective and herds the more boisterous dogs away from her.”
Source: menmedia.co.uk  /  via: pawnation.com

12. The abused circus elephants who were reunited at an elephant sanctuary after 25 years apart.

The abused circus elephants who were reunited at an elephant sanctuary after 25 years apart.

13. The amazing story of Christian the lion.

The amazing story of Christian the lion.
Source: youtube.com

41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
      or
      call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










      i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
      or
      call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










      Delete
  2. Love is the reason for all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could get a much better understanding of life if we were part of the ecosystem, not the ego system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment .. sums it all up..Can I
      quote you ?

      Delete
    2. He stole that quote from someone else so feel free to use it...lol

      Delete
    3. http://i.qkme.me/3r3imo.jpg

      Delete
    4. Yes! Very true, thats all we need (:

      Delete
    5. I whole heartedly agree on the fact that people need top put there egos aside! This type of stuff just makes you feel good and always have a great day :)

      Delete
  4. #2

    pretty sure that's just one of the things the parrot was trained to say, and that happened to be the last thing it said before dying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt it if you know what this parrot is all about. Smartest bird on earth recorded.

      Delete
    2. This bird knows over 900 vocabularies and taught other birds to communicate with humans with human languages.

      Delete
    3. These birds understand and don't just repeat. One bit my sister (gently, a warning) because she was being a little too rough with it. We covered up the cage to send the message that the bird had done wrong. After about a minute the bird said "I'm sorry". This wasn't something it was taught intentionally but he must have learned it through observation on it's own.

      Delete
    4. I had a parrot that would peck and squawk at me if I tried to touch it, except on one occasion when I was really upset, the bird flew over, walked up my chest and licked the tears off my cheek. He didn't 'talk' but still displayed compassion.

      Delete
    5. I suspect that the parrot was repeating what the trainer said to him every day when she left the office.

      Delete
  5. i wonder what people think when that cat comes and sits on their bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In The Big C series, there was a cat who did this. I thought it was all made up, but clearly they got the idea from this real story. In the series, the patients were certainly afraid of having the cat appear..

      Delete
    2. You can read the book, "Making Rounds with Oscar" to find out. I have read it and can recommend it.

      Delete
  6. Who took the picture of the diver being saved by the beluga? Was it some sort of security camera or someone filming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all these stories but I hate the headline, and the abuse of the term "prove."

    These stories in no way "prove" that animals have souls. They SUGGEST animals experience consciousness, emotions and emotional bonds in ways similar to humans and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I find it sad that some humans feel so superior to other living creatures that they can't believe animals have souls...

      Delete
    4. I can accept that argument, just as I can accept we haven't technically proven the existence of gravity. But for that matter, we also haven't proven humans have souls, or that souls even exist. In fact, people can't even agree on what exactly a soul is or would be. (For example, the idea that when a person dies, the soul leaves the body, suggesting it is the source of life. However, when someone is cruel or lacks humanity, we call them soulless, despite their being alive. So would it be a philosophical concept or an actual, measurable phenomenon?) It is an abused term in itself.

      All this to say, your point is kind of... pointless.

      Delete
  8. All these stories are beautiful and I will never forget. Tears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. After seeing thus it is heartbreaking how animals can be treated so cruelly by humans. So underestimated and respected. We are all a part of this world. We all share emotions and can feel pain. Whoever says differently is selling something. Almost literally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You forgot the one where Dog Saves Man by Leading Police Car to Burning House

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the cat thing turned out to be untrue. The cat just wanted to lie on the electric blanket that was on the dying person...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cousin has been saving the lives of endangered and harmed animals for countless years now. It cost them quite a bit just to care for one tiger.I know he does shows with animals at schools and countless other things in order to provide for his zoo. He has just released a song in hope of making more money for his loving of animals. I have not seen my cousin Joe in over 18 years now. But I am proud to call him family. Joe Exotic is the name search that he can be found under. His new song is " I saw a tiger". I guess right now China is killing tigers at a rate that they will soon be of no more. The only time you will see one will be in a zoo as my cousin has. Its a crying shame that man kinds is cruel towards animals. My cousin Joe has made this home for animals in the name of his brother that was killed in a truck accedent. The park is dedacated to his brother. My cousin Garald. Joe has had countless lawsuit against him from animal groups saying the animals should had been killed rather then saved as Joe has done for them. He has a great love for his tigers and animals like no other. If you have a moment check him out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. The guys who adopted the Lion were a gay couple, not brothers. See Christian, the Hugging Lion by Justin Richardson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is important why?

      Delete
    2. Because what if all the lions turn out to be gay like those guys? Then there won't be any more lions at all. And that would be very, very sad. All because of gay guys. Off with their heads!

      Delete
  14. Most of us give so little credit to animals and their feelings...these were just some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I guess there are mean people everywhere! The gay remark? So stupid, as are a few others on here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There is a saying that I was raised with but you never hear it now.
    "If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing"
    Maybe we need to start teaching this again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346





    ReplyDelete