Awakening the masses to the true reality around them through critical thinking, independent research, and hive-mind brainstorming! Higher Perspective seeks to increase the spread of knowledge, bring together open and like minded individuals focused on expanding their consciousness, and encourage people to question EVERYTHING.
If you are a cigarette smoker, or you just live in a highly polluted area, your chances of getting lung cancer are higher than average. Did you know, though, that eating raw garlic has been proven to cut the risk of developing lung cancer in half?
A study published in Cancer Prevention Research, has shown that people who consume raw garlic as part of the regular diet are 44% less likely to suffer from this debilitating cancer. Researchers with the Jiangsu Provincial Center for Disease Control looked at more than 1400 lung cancer patients and 4500 healthy adults and their lifestyle habits, and found that garlic consumption was one of the leading ways to reduce risk. The most startling fact from their study might be this; however:
Even among those who smoked, eating raw garlic reduced the chance of developing lung cancer by 30%.
Garlic is now considered a chemo-preventative food, and it offers a host of other healing benefits as well. Garlic also offers the following health boosting benefits along with reducing the chance of developing lung cancer:
· Garlic contains a sulfurous compound called allicin that might prevent hair loss and can enliven the hair follicles. Just rub some cut, raw garlic on the scalp for best results.
· Garlic is full of antioxidants which can do everything from reduce acne (when used topically or orally) to slow the aging process and rid the body of free radicals.
Garlic kills bacteria, so it is great at fighting colds and flu.
· Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties, so it can be used for psoriasis, arthritis, and other inflammatory diseases.
· Some studies have shown that eating lots of garlic can help people to reduce their weight by lessening fat stores.
· Garlic is anti-fungal, so it can be used to naturally treat athlete’s foot as well as cold sores.
· Garlic makes a great, non-toxic, natural pesticide for your organic garden. Just mix garlic, mineral oil, water, and liquid soap. Mix well and add to a spray bottle and generously cover your plants to keep pests away.